Chicken thighs are considered by many to be the best part of a chicken when it comes to cooking and eating. In this blog we will be looking at how to cook chicken thighs? As we know that Their rich flavor and juiciness make them popular among home cooks and food enthusiasts. Unlike chicken breasts, chicken thighs are less likely to dry out during cooking, which is a common problem with the latter. Although the dark meat of chicken thighs is higher in fat and calories, this also contributes to the meat’s unique flavor and juiciness.
One of the great advantages of chicken thighs is their versatility. They can be cooked on their own or shredded or chopped and added to various dishes such as soups, stews, tacos, salads, and grain bowls. Another benefit of chicken thighs is that they are generally less expensive than chicken breasts, which is a bonus for budget-conscious people.
Chicken thighs are available in three different forms: bone in and skin on, boneless and skinless, or bone in and skinless. Each option has its own cooking and nutritional characteristics, so it’s important to consider which is best way to cook chicken thighs for your specific needs and preferences.
How to cook chicken thighs
1- Grilled Chicken Thighs
One of the easiest yet best ways on how to cook chicken thighs recipes is grilling it with simple ingredients and marination.
- Firstly you need to oil the grill pan and pre-heat it to medium-high heat so it is set for making juicy grilled chicken thighs.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs and season it with pepper, salt, lemon, and other ingredients as per your choice. Now it’s time to place the marinated chicken thigh on the grill. Turn it around after some time to cook it well from all sides. Usually, it takes 10 minutes for boneless chicken thighs and almost 20 minutes for bone-in. Let it cool down a bit, and serve it with any sideline and salad.
2- Boneless Chicken Thighs In The Pan
The easiest and yummiest of them all is boneless or skinless chicken thighs. Here is how to cook chicken thighs, You can quickly cook boneless chicken and enjoy your meal to the fullest.
- First, you need to apply the spices of your choice, like salt, pepper, ginger paste, and red chili, if you like to make marination. Then rub your mixture on all the sides of your boneless chicken thighs. Spices play a significant role in how your dish will be in flavor, so always put the right amount of flavors in your mixture.
- Preheat your non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, and apply 1 tablespoon of oil with a brush. Once the oil is adequately heated, add your boneless chicken thighs to the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep its side the same; let it cook properly so you can enjoy the crispy and well-cooked chicken thighs. After 3 to 5 minutes, flip the side and let it cook from the other side till you see the golden color blooming out from the chicken and a pleasant smell. Now it’s time to enjoy your delicious, juicy, and crispy dish.
- You can Enjoy it with Healthy boiled rice it will look tempting.
3- Fry Chicken Thighs
Cooking chicken thighs is all fun until you know how to cook chicken thighs on the proper heat with the right ingredients. The majority of people love to eat fried chicken thighs. And why not? It’s the most delicious one, after all. There are different recipes for cooking fried chicken thighs. You can use boneless or bone chicken for fried ones. Both have their own taste and texture. Some people prefer to cook deep-fried chicken thighs, and some want to have oil-free fried chicken and use an air fryer following their diet.
- Take the right amount of chicken that could be boneless or with bone. Put buttermilk, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano in a large bowl.
- Put each piece of the thigh in a bowl and marinate it. Put a plastic wrap over a bowl and refrigerate it for at least 3 to 6 hours.
- Take a bowl of flour and egg and now put your chicken thighs in the egg and then coat it in the flour.
- Preheat oil in a pan and put all your marinated chicken in it.
- Cook it well from all sides and serve it with salad and any sidelines.
How long to cook chicken thighs on stove?
The chicken took different times to cook as per the process, recipes, and ways to cook chicken thighs you are following. Here is the estimate time of how long to cook chicken thighs on stove Chicken thighs boneless took 15 to 20 minutes to cook properly on the right heat, depending on its size and pan. On the other hand, Bone-in thighs require a little longer to prepare than the boneless, taking between 25 and 30 minutes. Stovetop chicken thighs can be cooked for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.